Topkapi Palace

  Topkapi Palace, on the Seraglio Peninsula, became a museum in 1924. The Harem, Baghdat Pavilion, Revan Pavilion, Sofa Pavilion, and the Audience Chamber distinguish themselves with their architectural assets, while other artifacts reflect palace life. Gülhane Park is located on the slopes below Topkapi Palace extending to the seashore, and is popular among Istanbul residents for picnicking and open-air concerts. In the park is the Gothic Column, known to have been one of the main obelisks of the Byzantines, and an as yet unclassified, and therefore unofficial, Byzantine ruin. Topkapi palace is a place which we will visit in our Fullday istanbul historical site tour



Collections of the Topkapi Palace Museum and th Breguet Museum are meeting for the first time at the Istanbul European Capital of Culture."Ottoman Collection" of legendary Breguet clocks that ornaments the Ottoman and European Palaces are being exhibited for the first time at the Topkapı Palace Museum. , there is the clock known as the masterpiece of the world clocks named "Pendule Sympathique" among the masterpieces of the exhibition. Also in the exhibiton, there is the Sultan Portraits of the period and letters written between Seyid Ali Efendi who is the first Paris ambassador and Breguet.



In the exhibition called “Russia in the Otoman Palace” , Ottoman objects at  Russia and Russian objects at Otoman Palaces which some part of them have been presented to be visited at the exhibiton “Treasures of the Moscow Kremlin at the Topkapı Palace” are being together at the same place for the first time. These exhibitions which are indicators of the diplomatic and commercial relationships between two countries are also show the interaction of the culture and art



Daylight-saving time is going to be implemented in the Topkapı Palace Museum at the date Thursday the 15th, April 2010 which is the starting date for the “Tourism Week” that being celebrated every year. The Topkapı Palace Museum will be open to visit between the times 09:00 AM – 07:00 PM except tuesdays during the daylight saving time. Detailed information about this implementation can be found by clicking the "continue" link below.



    Sur-u Sultanî that is built together with the construction of the palace by Fatih Sultan Mehmed and seperates the palace from the city. It is entered through Bâb-ı Hümâyûn.

    Another name for the Bâb-ı Hümâyûn is Imperial Gate. Above the door, there is a celi-sülüs style caligraphic inscription by Ali bin Yahya Sofî with a date of 1478. Seeing that there are Mahmut II and Abdülaziz The Sultan’s signatures below the inscription; we infer that the door has been repaired a few times.

    At the both sides of Bâb-ı Hümâyûn, there are small rooms for the gatekeepers. Above the door, there used to be a manor house style small flat built by Fatih for himself which couldn’t survive to present day because of the fire in 1866. actual importance of the upstairs is its being used as Beytül mâl (Kapı arası hazinesi). The place which is related to the Muhalefat ( possession of the caliphate ) system; suggesting taking the possession of the legacy from decedent villeins of the sultan or the decedents who doesn’t have a heritor, has been used as to keep the goods which are not yet taken to the treasury of the sultan.

Daily City Tours


Thank you for visiting our daily city tour page. You can find other destination guided tours abow with reasonable prices